Tips to take care of your health during monsoon
This is the most beautiful season to enjoy and relax after hot summer season and much waited too. Monsoon or rainy season is season that brings joy and happiness in your life as it protects from extreme heat that you are facing by making environment cool and refreshing.
But with monsoon arrival and cold splash of raining water, there are some negative effects from which you need to protect yourself. This season also brings certain health risks from which people needs to be careful and prepared well. The first ones to get effected are old peoples and kids generally who have low immunity and get suffered due to allergies, cold and flu etc. The preparations ranging from clothing to foods that you eat should be chosen very cautiously according to season otherwise you will get sick.
The first water droplets are very special as it is the popular remedy to get rid from prickly heat and sunburn rashes in your body. Children and kids are susceptible for various infections in rainy season as they are the first to get contact with stagnant water collected in surroundings and playing with sludge, mud and water. Waterborne diseases, cold, different types of bacterial and fungal infection, allergies with gastrointestinal diseases such as nausea, diarrhea and indigestion are common.
In country like India, care should be taken in places where mosquitoes threw easily in this humid climate and diseases such as malaria, dengue and now there is also news of spreading Zika virus by this deadly parasite. Secondly, rodents like mice and rats are also notorious to spread diseases like cholera more in this season. Viral diseases are also common in this season. Let us study some of tips to help to remain healthy and enjoying rainy season.
Tips as follows:
- During travelling and moving out in monsoon season, you should be well protected with clothes that should get dry soon, umbrella and with protective suit like raincoat and rainy shoes or gumboots for children.
- To keep children away from stagnant water and sludge this is near to garbage and gutters.
- To wash hands and legs after coming home during rainy season. Self hygiene is very essential to keep oneself clean and healthy.
- Humid places such as bathrooms, storerooms and basement should be kept as possible as dry so that fungus and moulds should not grow in the walls of these areas.
- Kitchen and surrounding should be kept clean and free from food morsels to keep away rats and other rodents away.
- To use mosquito nets and repellents to keep mosquitoes away.
- Good pest controlling should be done in home to keep away flies which are mainly responsible to spread infection and diseases in short time.
- Not to have street Junk foods like wadapav, somasa, panipuri, shevpuri etc and roadside foods in this season as many times these food items are not safe and hygienic and can cause stomach infections.
- Hot and fresh homemade foods are best in this season.
- Keep children and kids from playing in rainy water.
- Immune compromised individuals with asthma, diabetes etc should keep oneself dry and hot by wearing proper clothing and distancing from humid areas.
- Not to go in air-conditioned room with wet clothes and hair.
- Hot beverages such as coffee, tea and green tea are good options to keep body warm and energetic.
- Taking vitamin C in form of fruits and vegetables in this season is beneficial. This is good to increase immunity in the body.
- Consuming oily foods or soups with clove and ginger makes food items more suitable in this season.
- Water should be filtered through good filter or should be boiled to avoid any waterborne parasites.
- Milk should be avoided in this season. Other forms of milk such as curd, cheese are better options.
- Dry fruits are also beneficial in this season if taken in moderate quantity. Spicy foods should be avoided as stomach health is already vulnerable to indigestion and other infections.
Thus by keeping in mind all points discussed above you can enjoy rainy season and also remain healthy and strong.